Friday, May 29, 2009

Changes in your Life

Reading a book by Gail Sheehy some years back

I discovered a fact about myself that I did

not know. Life Changes. It amazes me how

accurate this author was about my life. I am

sure that the book was not written for me ,

however she hit the nail on the head.

Each ten years of our lives seem to change.

We go through changes, sometimes

unbeknownst to even ourselves.

Changes in looks for sure, but also changes

in our personality and how we look at life.

Changes in how we handle our everyday problems,

changes in how we view other people's views ,

or other people's method of handling their

own problems. We seem to find fault with others

more readily or maybe we just grow more

impatient as we grow older. I have

seen my older parents take more interest in

their grandchildren maybe because they

had more free time to appreciate children

than they did years ago. I have noticed

myself looking at my life and people

around me and their lives and how we are

changing.

As you grow older life becomes both more

difficult and more enjoyable. You have a

better understanding of life and sometimes

when you realize this part of your life is

almost over. It is too late to change

or sometimes too late to make a difference.

Start taking a look at your life. Start

trying to understand what your life means.

Try to understand how your lot in life

affects other people around you. You may

want to change some aspects of your life to

make other people around you happier. Then

again you may not. Change is there

for the taking. Only you can change your life.

If you are happy and your life is full then

maybe you have realized the change somewhere

in your past time of life and you are already

at peace. You are lucky. People live a lifetime

of unhappiness and never find peace. The sad

part is they never figure out that only they

can make a change in their life to make their

life happier. Thus making everyone around them

happier and bringing peace to everyone in their

life. Change is good. Changes in our life pattern

is good. Change for the better is always good.

Look at your life. Do you need a change?

No comments: